Tempest Riders R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tempest Riders R.C.

A forum for the members and guests of the Tempest Riders Riding Club.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Fall Foliage Ride - Sunday, Oct 13 - Hosted by Smitty
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:12 pm by Smitty

» Honoring Heroes 2nd Annual "Prison Break" Poker Run
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:43 pm by Smitty

» Freaky Mike's Crater Lake Freak Out
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:31 pm by Freaky Mike

» West side of Mt Staint helens Ride weekday July 31 0r AUG 1
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 pm by BHALE

» Crater Lake ride Aug 3rd
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:34 pm by Freaky Mike

» Chris Kilcullen Memorial Ride
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:27 pm by Killswitch

» TEMPEST RIDES - Sunday, June 30 - Hosted by Vinnie
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:17 am by Smitty

» TEMPEST RIDES - Sunday, September 15 - Hosted by Smitty
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:48 pm by Smitty

» TEMPEST RIDES - Father's Day Ride! Sunday, June 16 - Hosted by Smitty
Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:31 am by lynchtl

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 72 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:22 am

Random thoughts from a wandering Mind

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Padre
Chaplain
Padre

Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Empty
PostSubject: Random thoughts from a wandering Mind   Random thoughts from a wandering Mind Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:44 pm

OK all you who love the open road and the wonders of the Wide Open, I salute you and the freedoms we enjoy that allow us the ability to travel. It is that time of year as we look for new and different roads, destinations, and friends, all while trying to avoid the wet, the wind, and dark. The Wet, because it affects the traction on the road, the Wind because it can wear you out quickly even make it difficult to hold the road, and the Dark, because it reduces our visibility, both what we can see and what can see us.
Here on the west coast our weather normally comes from the Pacific ocean from the west and with those big Pacific clouds come all that wet we are so famous for. As the storms head east the different mountain ranges block, hold, and squeeze the H2O out of the clouds and helps support the amazing flora and fauna that surrounds us with the west side of the mountains being wet and just the other side being dry. Understanding that flow of weather can help us as we decide each ride which route to take. always remember the higher and the further east you travel the temps will drop early and late in the day.
There is a phenomenon called "Rain Shadow" that refers to the Lee side (down wind) of mountains that is drier than that of surrounding areas. When the weather is scetchy that is a great pathway to take to escape my bike. Heading south sometimes I-97 is better than I-5 as it lies in the rain shadow if the Cascades. Heading to Florence when the coast is socked in might be drier taking I-5 to hwy 126 rather than the more scenic 101 from Lincoln city.
If you have no destination (I Love these rides!) simply study a good weather report and decide to run from the wet or charge it and punch through the squall line if it looks dry and calm behind it.
This was just the meanderings of an easily destracted mind.
Back to top Go down

Random thoughts from a wandering Mind
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tempest Riders R.C. :: About Us :: Tempest Rides-
Jump to: